1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
CashCo and Wesupportu Free Breast Exam event
Screening for breast cancer is not just important in October, but all year long. It should be a habit, and one that may very well save our life. We at CashCo care about your health, that´s why we want to share the following facts:
– When breast cancer is detected early (localized stage), the 5-year survival rate is 100%
– 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
– Forty percent of diagnosed breast cancers are detected by women who feel a lump while performing a breast self-exam
However, studies have found that roughly one third of women are too scared to conduct breast self-exams. The main reasons: “Because of what I may find”, “I don´t have time”, or “I would not know what to do if I found something”.
But when we women hide our heads, we stand to lose. This is true in our finances, our relationships, and more poignantly, our health. On the other hand, by taking action we feel empowered and good.
Granted, there are some scary statistics regarding breast cancer. But the notion that we women will walk into a mammography session out of fear is not always true. More often, we will do it out of love: love for ourselves, and love for those we care about.
So this month, take the following pledge along with all of the female CashCo team:
– We will perform monthly self-exams. We will think of it as just one another way of getting to know our body. This approach has been shown to dilute anxiety.
– We will schedule*:
a) A clinical breast exam (CBE). This generally performed by an Ob-Gyns or general health care providers
b) A mammogram (keep reading, there is a surprise for you below).
And the most important:
– We will to follow through. We will schedule reminders for monthly and yearly exams using the technique that works best for each of us: marking our calendar, setting up alarms on our phones, or signing up at web-sites such as the Susan G. Komen or Early Detection Plan Organization, which will send us monthly notifications.
In order to give you a head start, CashCo has teamed up with the wesupportu San Diego Organization, to provide free breast exams at Our CashCo City Height location.
The event will take place on October the 23rd from 1:00pm to 7:00pm, and you are invited to join (if you are a guy reading this, please bring your mom, wife, girlfriend, or sister!)
More than anything, we at CashCo want to encourage every woman to take action, not be afraid and be proactive with their health and life. So come to the event, get screened and empowered!