Shop Smart Comic Con
Be The Super Hero of Savings
Comic-Con 2016 is right around the corner, and one of the most “geek-tastic” things you can find at the convention is the super cool toys. But before you splurge, take a look at what you’re buying: is it worth anything?
Moris Adato of CashCo Pawn is available to share the following tips on how to shop smart at Comic-Con 2016 and what’s worth buying vs what’s not.
1. Make a list of prices you’ll accept. If you’re going to shop at Comic-Con and know what you’re looking for, make a list with the prices you’ll accept before buying each item. It’s hard to shop in a room with hundreds of people. Finding the absolute best price may not be worth the hassle.
2. Check Ebay. If you’re unsure of what the value is worth, check Ebay to find out how much an item is going for. This will give you a ballpark estimate of what you should be paying or how much you can resell it for.
3. Ask for a certificate of authenticity. The last thing you want to find out is that you’ve paid good money for something fake. Make sure you ask for a certificate of authenticity. If the vendor or individual claims that the item is used, ask for the original receipt.
4. Keep it cool. When you see something you like, try not to show too much emotion toward the item. This can give the vendor leverage for increasing the price.
5. Talk to other shoppers. It may be useful to talk to other shoppers who may already be familiar with the vendors at the convention, especially if they’ve attended in the previous years. Take a few minutes to chat with them and get their insight on which vendors give the best deals.
If you end up spending too much, don’t worry! You can always come back to CashCo to pawn your item! We have professional appraising jewelry and our pawnbroking team can evaluate comic con collectibles at all our locations. Be safe, be smart. Wishing you well at Comic Con.
Looking to get a quote on any item to pawn or sell?
Let´s get started!
[button size=”small” style=”primary” text=”Instant Quote” link=”https://quote.cashcopawn.com/” target=””]